At The Memory Center our staff is trained to provide care and assistance for our residents, not to calculate the time it takes to give a bath or help with eating.
We understand that an individual’s needs can change daily and our team members are here to provide whatever assistance is needed daily without the concerns that your monthly bill will change. We offer all-inclusive pricing to make it easy to help plan your budget and finances.
We charge a set monthly fee which includes:
- Private & semi private rooms available
- Private & semi private bathrooms with showers
- Three nutritious meals daily to include daily snacks and ice cream socials
- Emergency pull cord in every room
- Memory boxes available to help stimulate meaningful memories of their life
- Utilities to include: Cable, Telephone & Wi-Fi
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Maintenance of building and grounds
- Outings with the Activities Program
- Items from visits to the General Store
- Highly trained staff to assist with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, eating, and toileting
- Medication management by our certified medication technician
- Health monitoring by a RN nurse
- Medical oversight by physician trained in geriatric care
- Full activities and Memories and Motion program designed by our Activities Director
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy with a physician prescription as needed
- Hospice/End of Life Care available
Items which incur an additional charge are:
- Incontinence supplies
- Long distance telephone services
- Salon services
- Transportation to individual appointments
Our fees are re-evaluated yearly and increased based on growing costs for staff, fuel, food and other related items. You will receive notice at least 30 days in advance before any increases are implemented.
Basic rules concerning the tax deductibility of Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s care expenses:
- According to the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), “long-term care services” may be tax deductible as an unreimbursed medical expense on Schedule A. Qualified long-term care services have been defined as including the type of daily “personal care services” provided to Assisted Living residents, such as help with bathing, dressing, continence care, eating and transferring, as well as “maintenance services”, such as meal preparation and household cleaning.
- For some Assisted Living residents, the entire monthly rental fee might be deductible, while for others, just the specific personal care services would qualify for a deduction.
Assisted Living residents and their adult children or caregiver should consult a tax advisor with questions concerning their own personal circumstances. The Memory Center or its staff cannot offer specific tax advice.