It is that time of year where we count our blessings and share them with others. Each year The Memory Center, Virginia Beach participates in a food drive for the “Beach Bags for Kids” program. This is our opportunity to help the local community and provide meals for kids that do not have meals when they go home on the weekends or during the Thanksgiving Break. These children rely on the program to be able to have something to eat when they are not in school.
The Memory Center will have a designated bin in the lobby of the community. We would like to ask then when you come in to visit that you bring an item with you to donate. A list of recommended items are below:
- Individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal
- 8oz. servings of shelf-stable milk
- Individual-sized meals (ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, macaroni & cheese, etc.)
- 4 oz. fruit cups and/or 100% juice boxes
- Snack items (granola bars, raisins, pretzels, etc.)
- Anything else you would like to include
Thank you in advance for your participation and support, we look forward to sharing your donations with the kids in Va. Beach!