At The Memory Center Richmond, our responsibility is to provide care for our residents not to calculate the time it takes to assist them with their activities of daily living (ADL’s).
We understand that an individual’s needs can change daily, but that doesn’t mean your bill should too. To us, an individuals well-being always comes first. Our all inclusive pricing provides peace of mind to families related to the expenses and allows them to focus on other things. Below you will find exactly what is and is not included in the pricing model for our Richmond facility.
We charge a set monthly fee which includes:
- Private or semi-private suite based on families request
- Bathrooms in each suite with showers
- Three nutritious meals daily
- Daily snacks and ice cream socials
- Memory boxes available to help stimulate meaningful memories of their life
- Utilities to include: Cable, Telephone & Wi-Fi
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Scheduled Outings with the Activities Department
- Items acquired while visiting the General Store
- Professional staff to assist with daily activities (ADL’s) (bathing, dressing, eating, and toileting)
- Medication management by our certified medication technician
- Health monitoring by a Registered Nurse
- Medical oversight by a physician trained in geriatric care
- Full schedule of activities including our Memories in Motion program
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy with a physician prescription as needed
- Hospice/End of Life Care provided by local Hospice agencies when needed
Items which incur an additional charge are:
- Incontinence supplies
- Long distance telephone services
- Salon services
- Transportation to individual appointments
The fees at The Memory Center Richmond are re-evaluated yearly. They increase based on growing costs for staff, fuel, food and other related items. You will receive notice at least 30 days in advance before any increases.
Below are two common clauses for tax deductions of Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s care expenses:
- According to (HIPAA), “long-term care services” may be tax deductible. Long Term care services as defined as “personal care services” provided to Assisted Living Residents. These can include bathing, dressing, continence care, and eating. They could also include services like transferring, meal prep, and household cleaning.
- For some Assisted Living residents, the entire monthly rental fee might be deductible. For others, only the specific personal care services would qualify for a deduction.
Staff at The Memory Center Richmond cannot offer specific tax advice. Resident Power of Attorney’s should consult a tax advisor for more information. Personal circumstance can differ, that is why it is important to direct any questions to your personal tax advisor.
If you are interested in learning more about our Richmond facility and our pricing, we encourage you to contact us. We’ll be happy to answer all of your questions.
If you don’t have time to make it out for a tour or you live out of town we recommend taking a virtual tour.