The Memory Center, Virginia Beach is excited to announce the 2015 Puppy Shower to celebrate Guiding Eyes For The Blind new puppies in training.
Prior to becoming a trained Guiding Eyes dog, the puppies are raised by volunteers, called Puppy Raisers, who build bonds with the dogs and prepare them for the training program. Over a 12-16 month period, raisers provide hours of patient teaching and socialization journeys before returning a well-socialized dog to Guiding Eyes training staff.
All of the raiser’s hard work pays off when a blind person receives their priceless gift – a guide dog providing independence, companionship, and mobility.
Join us on July 22nd to meet the new puppies, support the Puppy Raisers and Guiding Eyes For The Blind Program. We will accept monetary donations and supplies needed to raise the puppies.
Suggested supply donations include:
- Collapsible or travel water bowls
- Mother Hubbard mini dog bones – any flavor
- Charlie Bears – any flavor
- 6 ft cotton web leashes – any color
- 10 ft cotton web leashes – any color
- 15 ft cotton web leashes – any color
- KONG rubber toys – please do not bring edible items for stuffing
- Wubba toys – Dog toys made from fire hose material
- Lots and lots of poop bags – they can never have too many
Please do not bring stuffed animal toys or squeaky toys.
Memory Center residents will make homemade dog biscuits for the puppies and serve bone shaped cookies and cakes to our human guests.
Other fun activities include signing our favorite dog songs including How Much Is That Doggie In The Window, Oh, You Beautiful Dog (Doll), You Ain’t Nothin But A Hound Dog and Who Let The Dogs Out.
All family and friends are welcome to attend.
What: Puppy Shower to benefit Guiding Eyes For The Blind
Where: The Memory Center, Virgina Beach | 1853 Old Donation Parkway | Virginia Beach, 23454
When: July 22, 2015, 1:15pm
Bring: Friends, families, donations or supplies for the puppies
RSVP: By calling 757-412-1180