Public Social Media Policy
The Memory Center utilizes social media channels as a method of providing our residents, families, referral sources, employees and communities with a convenient platform to learn more about our services, our values and culture. Our goal is to provide content that is valuable, relevant, timely and generous, and by doing so, we provide yet another invitation for engagement and two-way communication.
The Memory Center’s corporate Facebook page is designed to benefit The Memory Center’s facilities and affiliations.
We maintain an active social media presence and may develop a presence on other platforms as deemed appropriate. In order to best serve our residents, families, referral sources, communities and employees, the following policies have been created and adopted.
BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, PARTICIPATING OR POSTING ON THE MEMORY CENTER’S SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT POST ANY CONTENT TO THE MEMORY CENTER’S SOCIAL MEDIA SITES ON THE INTERNET. YOUR USE OF THE MEMORY CENTER’S SOCIAL MEDIA SITES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY AND HAS THE SAME EFFECT AS IF YOU SIGNED AN AGREEMENT.
The Memory Center reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete or discontinue your access to The Memory Center’s social media sites at any time without notice, and for any reason, at its sole discretion. The Memory Center may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means, any materials posted, placed or found within The Memory Center’s social media platform, and may do so at its sole discretion. The Memory Center does not endorse any product, service, views or content displayed on the social media site.
As a guest posting content to The Memory Center’s social media sites on the internet:
- You will not violate any local, state, federal or international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send, post, transmit, email or otherwise use on The Memory Center’s social media platforms. You will not violate any critical governing laws, including but not limited to laws or regulations governing discrimination such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. You also will not violate The Memory Center’s code of ethics.
- You will not post any content that is personal health information identifying directly or indirectly any resident of The Memory Center (name, SSN, DOB, etc.), including resident images, on The Memory Center’s social media sites.
- You will not transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, discriminatory (including on the basis of race, sex, national origin, color, ethnicity, religion, ancestry, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law), threatening, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an unlawful invasion of another’s privacy.
- You will not transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you are prohibited from making available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- You will not transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- You will not transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes or any other form of for-profit solicitation.
- You will not transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not unlawfully harass, stalk, or threaten any individual.
- You will not collect or store, or attempt to collect or store personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
By posting any content on The Memory Center’s social media sites, you grant to The Memory Center the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content, and use such content. The Memory Center may disclose your communications and activities in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of The Memory Center’s rights. You agree that, in the event that The Memory Center exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, The Memory Center’ will have no liability to you.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU POST, SEND, EMAIL, TRANSMIT AND COMMUNICATE VIA THE MEMORY CENTER’ SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS.
When posting any content on an internet site, you should review it carefully to ensure that it does not violate the policy developed to protect The Memory Center, our residents, families, employees, referral sources and communities that we serve.
YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET.
The Memory Center does not control third party sites and the internet over which you may choose to send confidential, personal or health information, or any other content. Therefore, The Memory Center does not warrant any safeguard against any interceptions or compromises to your information that you chose to send, post or utilize on The Memory Center’ social media sites. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family.
THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES THE MEMORY CENTER’S SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING.
To remain in compliance, The Memory Center suggests that you review the policy at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding The Memory Center Public Social Media Policy, please contact The Memory Center at 757-362-3300 or email@example.com